It was almost exactly a year ago that we got together for our first "official" outing and decided to go public with our idea of the Vintage Style Council. Through our many assemblies over the past 12 months, we have grown a lot together and as individuals, and we decided as a group that we would like to be more involved in our community in the coming year.
And in light of the current political climate, what better way to give back than put our heads together and throw a big party with proceeds going to the ACLU! We held a benefit show with performances, drinks, and a raffle with fabulous prizes, all proceeds going to the ACLU.
Together we raised $2300!!!
We have hosted parties at OverAttired Vintage Fashion before, but this one was truly a team effort that deserves special thank yous:
- To our VSC ringleader and OverAttired shop manager Terra Williams for hatching this wonderful idea and running it from start to finish
- To VSC member Monica Lenk, along with OverAttired co-owner Sam Simmons, for donating the space and helping Terra run the event
- To Monica for serving up tasty drinks from the bar all night long
- To VSC member Colleen and her husband for concocting specialty drinks for the bar, of which 100% of the proceeds went to the ACLU!
- To VSC member Annabelle and The Century Sisters for performing a wonderful set of vocal music in three part harmony
- To VSC members Katrina and Monica (again!) for performing a hot Charleston dance number as members of the Decobelles
- To VSC member Allyson of Birthday Life Vintage for coordinating the raffle and donating a $100 gift certificate to her shop
- To VSC member and artist extraordinaire Tess-Marie for donating a wonderful painting she made
- To VSC member Ginevra for donating a MAGNUM bottle of 2008 Beaulieu Vineyard Georges de Latour Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
We couldn't be happier with the outcome of this event (again, $2300 raised!), and we hope to do more things like this in the future.